Design layout for Blog Page & Custom Post Type Archives
Now you can have complete control over the layout of your Blog Page and Post Type Archives.
Post loop of archive will have to be replaced with "Post Blocks" widget. So it is recommended to read about it first here Post Blocks
With the use of Post Blocks widget you can show your post archives in almost any design you can imagine.
Follow instructions below.
- Create new AE Template
- Under "AnyWhere Elementor Settings" do following configuration
- Render Mode: Post Type Archive Template
- Preview Post Id: Leave blank if you are going for full override of your theme provided layout
- Post Type Archive: Select the post type for which you want to create the layout. (Select Post Archive for Blog Page)
- Override Theme Layout: Check it if you are looking for complete override of theme provided layout. Leave it uncheck if you just want to override layout of individual post item.
- Enable Canvas: check this option if you want to use canvas layout.
- Now save AE Template and start designing the page.
- To show the posts you can use the "Post Block" widget or you can also use Post widget of Elementor Pro.
- Configure the widget to show post from the post type for which you are creating this layout.
- Now check your archive page :)