Display Related Posts using Post Blocks widget
Now you can use the Post Blocks widget to display the Related Posts section on Single Post Layouts.
It works by fetching posts from the same terms (like categories, tags) as of the current post. You will have full content were to match either categories, tags, or both. You can also choose custom taxonomies if you have any.
NOTE: This functionality will only work on Single Post Layouts.
Follow the steps below to show the Related Posts section on AE Template created for Single Post/CPT Layout.
- Drag the "AE Post Block" widget at the desired location in your AE Template.
- Do the following configuration:
- Source: Related Posts
- Template: Select the block layout you have created to use in this widget. Learn more about creating a block layout.
- Related By: Select the taxonomies which you want to match to load related posts. Like select "Categories" if you want to show posts that have the same categories as of current post. You can also select multiple taxonomies.
- Do the rest of the settings like order by, layouts, etc., as required.