AE - Taxonomy Block
AE-Taxonomy Block is used to display the terms from the custom taxonomies in a block-wise manner. Thus it gives you the freedom to arrange your content in a certain fashion. It has a certain pre-designed layout that can be used to create different layouts for your created taxonomies.
- Skin: Here, you can choose the design in which you want your blocks to appear. It provides you with three options to choose from (Classic, Card, List).
- Layout: Select the layout styles like Grid or Carousel when you select Classic or Card options in the Skin. When selecting the List option in Skin, you will get different layout style settings.
- Columns: Here, you can specify the number of columns you want to display on a single page containing taxonomy terms.
- Row Gap: Here, you can give space between rows.
- Col Gap: Adjust the space between columns
- Show Title: Enable it if you want to display the title.
- Html Tag: Various Html tags can be used.
- Strip Title: It is used when you have a long title, and you want to strip it. It can be enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, it further gives you more options.
- Strip Mode: You can select to strip a word or a letter.
- Strip size: It takes a numeric value representing the number of words to be shown.
- Append title: Indicate what to append if the Title needs to be trimmed.
- Enable Link: It is used to assign a link to your block when you click on it.
- Open in a new tab: You can use it to open the taxonomy block in a new separate window.
- Enable Link: It is used to assign an overlay link to your block when you click on it.
- Show image: An image can be given to the blocks.
- Show Image: Enable it to display a custom image to each taxonomy block.
- Image Type: You can display a default image or choose a custom field option to display an image on each block.
- Custom Field key: Give the name of the custom field containing the image.
- Image Size: Select the size of the image like large, medium, small, etc.
- Enable Image Ratio: You can set a ratio between the height and widget of the image.
- Show Count: It displays the count of posts associated with the particular taxonomy.
- Source: Select the source for which you are creating a taxonomy block.
- Hide Empty: If you do not want to display empty taxonomy elements, you can use this option.
When selecting Carousel in Layout style, you will get more setting options:
- Effects: Choose how each slide transitions, either Slide, Fade, Overflow, or Flip
- Slides Per View: Set number of slides to view at one time, maximum of 10
- Slides Per Group: Set number of slides to scroll per swipe, maximum of 10
- Speed: Set the time it takes for each slide to appear. This time is in milliseconds, so 1000 ms is equal to 1 second.
- Autoplay: Enable to apply autoplay to the slides
- Space Between Slides: Set the time between each slide.
- Loop: Show carousel in a continuous loop, infinitely. Yes or No
- Auto Height: Enable to set the auto height to the carousel
- Pause On Hover: Select whether or not to pause autoplay when on hover.
- Pagination Type: Select None, Bullet, Fraction, or Progress
- Scroll Bar: Enable the scroll bar
- Enable: Enable to apply pagination to the carousel
- Position: Set the position Inside or Outside
- Icon Prev: Select an icon for the previous navigation icon
- Icon Next: Select an icon for the next navigation icon