Create category or custom taxonomy archive layout
You can now create layouts for categories and custom taxonomy archive page with full freedom. Show posts in the list and grid format in any layout you want.
Post loop of category page will have to be replaced with "Post Blocks" widget. So it is recommended to read about it first here Post Blocks
Follow instructions below.
- Create new AE Template
- Under "AnyWhere Elementor Settings" do the following configuration
- Render Mode: Taxonomy Archive Template
- Preview Post Id: Leave blank if you are going for full theme override
- Taxonomy: Select the taxonomy for which you want to create the layout
- Auto Apply: Leave unchecked (this field is for future enhancement)
- Override Theme Layout: Check it if you are looking for a complete override of the theme provided layout. Leave it unchecked if you just want to override layout of individual post item.
- Enable Canvas: check this option if you want to use canvas layout.
- Now save AE Template and start editing with elementor.
- To show the posts you can use the "Post Block" widget or you can also use Post widget of Elementor Pro.
- Configure the widget to show post from the category/term for which you are creating this layout.
- Now edit the category for which you have created this layout.
- On the category page, you will get a drop-down "Ae Template". Select the appropriate template from the drop-down.
- Now check your category page on frontend :)